Our mission is to provide support, resources, and advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers with the aim of increasing educational and employment opportunities for them as well as increasing community awareness of their unlimited potential.
The DSG will accomplish its mission in the following ways:
- Developing programs that enrich the lives of individuals with Down syndrome
- Increasing public awareness and understanding of the abilities of individuals with Down syndrome
- Encouraging inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome in our neighborhoods, schools, places of worship, recreational activities, and places of employment
- Ensuring quality elementary and secondary education for individuals with Down syndrome by providing instruction, resources, and support to the parents and teachers who are actively engaged in preparing their children and students for higher education, employment and/or independent living
- Create a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences